From December 22nd to 24th 2017 Artreach India is organizing Delhi's first inclusive arts festival at Bikaner House.
The Artreach Festival is born from our excitement about the quality of artwork that the children, young people and women who participate in our programmes are making! We want to share it with as many people as possible.
There are other reasons too - the women working with the artist Avinash Karn (an Artreach community arts grantee) in Jharkand were so proud of their creations, they dreamed of having their work shown in Delhi and since then many have had the same hope: the drive for the Festival has come from them.
The festival features:
- EXHIBITION of artworks of the children and women with whom we work and also the artists who have worked with Artreach
- KISSAGOI from the streets of old Delhi by Irshaad and his troupe of young local performers who weave magic with their stories and songs.
- MADIHA from Afghanistan, now a resident of Khirkee Village will perform with her two Congolese band members.
- KATHYAYINI DASH's experimental performance will bring together with her video artwork and her songs from the Kabir tradition which she is popular for.
- MANGA WORKSHOP with reputed comics artist Bharat Murthy over two days to create two page comics for each participant.
- RAGA POP UP WORKSHOP with illustrator and classical musician PRATYUSH GUPTA where participants will read through an amazing illustrated pop up book about Indian classical Ragas, and make their own DIY instruments.
- JAPANESE ANIMATION FILMS series in collaboration with the Japan Foundation.
- QUEEN OF KATWE - Mira Nair’s new film will be screened for our Opening Event
encouraging a wide audience, both children and adults, across all backgrounds, to join in. We expect over 300 children from NGOs to attend the festival and participate in the programmes and many more Delhi audiences.
The Artreach Festival will be a festival for everyone, celebrating art and inclusion!
To learn more and participate contact Ita Mehrotra at firstname.lastname@example.org