LINKS TO EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES FOR ARTISTS, EDUCATORS, RESEARCHERS DURING SELF ISOLATION
Around the world, the online community has joined forces to come up with resources to creatively engage as we all collectively work from home amid the outbreak of Covid 19. Museums and galleries have opened up their collections for online viewing, educators have started sharing the podcasts, books and other resources they refer to and are taking online lessons and introducing workshop modules, and artists have been sharing more of their work online on their social media handles and websites.
Artreach has brought together a list in place for artists, educators, researchers, art enthusiasts, care home workers, and children to creatively engage with the wide variety of this material shared so thoughtfully by our extended global community. In times like these, art surely can lift our spirits, bring us hope, and provide solidarity!
Please share this list with friends and your online community. If you are a care home or NGO run school who would like us to lead free online creative learning sessions, please get in touch! And if you have more such interesting links, please email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put them up on this link!
1. Adobe gives students free home Creative Cloud access – here's how to get it Update 19/3/20: It seems students aren't the only ones getting some Adobe love in these testing times – if you're an existing subscriber of any kind, you can get two months of Creative Cloud access for free thanks to a hidden cancellation offer. Just follow the link above to find out how to unlock it – or carry on reading below to find out about the free home access for students.
3. Google Arts & Culture Use tools to explore by time and color, zoom to view artworks in amazing detail, tour famous sites and landmarks, and more
4. Skillshare Courses for Free "This is a challenging time, and we recognize that the unique circumstances around COVID-19 are having rippling effects on artists, freelancers, and our community at large. Now more than ever, we want to offer support and ways to come together. "
4. Pratham books Story Weavers More than 19,000 storybooks in 230 languages on their website, which you can read online, download or print!
5. Stories for kids on Audible The books are separated into six categories: "Littlest Listeners," "Elementary," "Tween," "Teen," "Literary Classics" and "Folk & Fairy Tales for All."
6. Amarchitra Kathaand Tinkle Amar Chitra Katha and Tinkle are offering their entire catalog free, till March 31st to help with social distancing. For the younger kids among your network.
7.“Educator Itineraries” at Louvre “Educator Itineraries” provide teachers and educators with a practical and intellectual framework for museum tours based around themes related to school curriculums and major concerns in art education. Group leaders can choose from a variety of approaches, reflections, and activities suggested for all selected works and sites.
11. BrainPOP Make Any Room a Classroom BrainPOP is here to help you and your curious learners stay informed and on-track with free access during school closures.
12. Tynker Coding Made Easy Everything needed to learn computer programming the fun way! Ages 5+
13. Outschool Outschool is committed to supporting those affected by closures in the wake of COVID-19. Browse their free schooling resourcesfor educators, families, and learners.
14. Discovery Education "Virtual learning helps you maintain engagement and continuity of learning outside of the classroom with tools that allow you to still communicate with your students, facilitate group activities, provide feedback, track student progress, and create a lasting educational impact."
15. E-learning for Kids Our vision is to be the source for childhood learning on the internet available from anywhere and without charge.
17. Creative Quarantine Creative Image Magazine is coming up with online workshops—carefully curated— which are aimed at providing everyone ( “creative” or not) with the opportunity to express themselves through exploration and experimentation with various materials and mediums! 18. Ektara Publications for Children इकतारा की धुन पर इकतारा की सामग्री । आप इसे डाउनलोड कर सकेंगे। शेयर कर सकेंगे।
3. Oxford University Press Learning resources freely accessible for an extended period, and in order to assist researchers, medical professionals, policy makers, and others who are working to address the pandemic, and have also opened up access to relevant research and articles.
4. LibraryThing is now free to all. So many are trapped at home, with nothing to do but catalog your books. And everyone is worried about money. So we're going free. Enjoy!